by Miceál O’Hurley
DUBLIN – Please find the Diplomacy in Ireland – The European Diplomat special coverage of the Webinar hosted by the Embassy of Georgia to Ireland and His Excellency Mr. George Zurabashvili on 27 October 2021.
Webinar: 13 Years since the 2008 Russia-Georgia War, Legacy for the European Security
- Mark Mellett Vice Admiral (Rtd), Former Chief of Defence Ireland and Chair of the Azure Forum Advisory Council
- His Excellency Mr. George Zurabashvili, Ambassador of Georgia to Ireland
- Ketevan Chumbadze, Acting Political Director, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia
Legacy of Russia’s 2008 aggression and Georgia’s struggle for de-occupation: what needs to be done and what role the West should play to ensure peace and security in Eastern Europe.
- Kate Fearon, Deputy Head of the European Union Monitoring Mission (EUMM) in Georgia, former participant in Northern Ireland Peace Talks
Security and human rights implications of violation of the EU-mediated 12 August 2008 Ceasefire Agreement. why implementation of ceasefire matters
- Jean-Marc Thouvenin, Professor, the Université Paris Nanterre
Unresolved conflicts in Europe’s Eastern Neighbourhood (Georgia, Ukraine): human rights and legal perspective for facilitating peace, European Court of Human Rights Judgment
- Miceál O’Hurley, J.D., Ph.D., Editor, Diplomacy in Ireland – The European Diplomat
Russia’s disinformation and propaganda machinery as hybrid warfare against Georgia, European Security, and as a threat to the rules-based international order