by Miceál O’Hurley
DUBLIN – The Diplomatic Corps serving in Dublin gathered for a Public Relations & Media Engagement professional development day at the Stephens Green Club on 28 October 2021. The event, organised by Miceal O’Hurley and sponsored through the generosity of Turkish Airlines and Revolut showcased Ireland’s leading news organisations, public relations experts, journalists, editors, producers and editors. Speakers at the event included:
- Dr. Martina Byrne, CEO – Public Relations Institute of Ireland (PRII)
- Ken Murray, Journalist – EuroNews
- Dr. Liam Kennedy, Director – UCD Clinton Institute for American Studies & CNN Academy
- Alireza Haji Hosseini, Journalist, Producer and Director – CNN Academy
- Eoghan Tomas McDermott, Managing Director – The Communications Clinic
- Cormac Bourke, Editor – The Irish Independent
- Catherine Fegen, Special Contributor – The Irish Independent
- Jon Williams, Managing Director of News & Current Affairs – RTÉ News
Video from the event will be posted shortly along with links for handouts and information for attendees and those that could not attend due to the waiting-list capacity.
It is with great pleasure that I congratulate each of the Speakers, Attendees, the Stephens Green Club, Turkish Airlines and Revolut for their Sponsorship, the host of Irish companies that supported the event and showed their appreciation for the work of the diplomatic corps by providing gift items, Keshk Cafe & Restaurant that provided a luncheon for the Ambassadors & Charge d’Affaires ad interim, Tom Ryan Casey Photography and others so instrumental to the event – not least of which were the Ambassadors, Counsellors, Consul, diplomats and allied professionals that attended, including the Chairman of the Oireachtas Joint Committee on Foreign Affairs, Deputy Charlie Flanagan, members of the Protocol Office of the Department of Foreign Affairs, staff from the European Commission in Ireland and others. I thank everyone for their participation and the kind comments and encouragement received after the event.
Upcoming Event Notice
The next event which will be hosted by Diplomacy in Ireland – The European Diplomat will be:
National Readiness in Confronting Emerging Threats and Continuing Hybrid Warfare in Ireland, the EU and Throughout the World.
The event, including a panel discussion of experts, academics and journalists, will be held in December. The panelists and a final date for the event will be announced shortly.