by Miceál O’Hurley
DUBLIN – His Excellency Mr. George Zurabashvili, Ambassador of Georgia to Ireland, has announced that he, and Georgia’s newly appointed Honorary Consul, Mr. James Bridgeman, S.C., will be co-hosting the launch of the Georgia-Irish Business Council on Friday, 25 June 2021. The online kick-off will begin at 11:00 a.m.
The theme for the online launch and Inaugural Conference is ‘Discover Georgia as Your Business Destination’.
Leo Varadkar, T.D., Minister for Enterprise, Trade & Employment to Speak
An Tánaiste Leo Varadkar, T.D., will begin the event as the Honorary Speaker. Ambassador Zurabashvili will Chair the event.
The online conference and informational forum will include a special session, ‘Discover Georgia as Your Business Destination’ including presentations by:
- Mr. Giorgi Pertaia – President, Georgia Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Mr. George Bridgeman, S.C., – Honorary Consul of Georgia
‘Georgia’s Cultural Heritage’ will be highlighted by special guests:
- Mr. David Lordkipanidze – Director General, National Museum of Georgia
- Gerard Corcoran – Director, Innovation and Research Partnerships
Open Registration is provided for businesses and organisations that would like to learn more. You can easily REGISTER ONLINE HERE.
GIBC – Forging New Business Opportunities
The Georgia Ireland Business Council (GIBC) is a B2B network promoting trade, commerce, enterprise and professional collaboration between Georgia and Ireland including financial services, infrastructure, agriculture, built environment, tourism, food and beverages, sports, transport, education and culture.
GIBC’s vision is to engage with key stakeholders in Georgia and Ireland to:
- build ever stronger connections between Georgia and Ireland;
- promote trade between Georgia (and the wider region) and Ireland (and the wider EU);
- raise an awareness of Georgian products and services in Ireland, and awareness of Irish products and services in Georgia;
- provide opportunities for synergy, collaboration and networking for the business communities in Georgia and Ireland;
- organise promotional, cultural and social events in Ireland and Georgia;
- promote Georgian trade with the wider EU;
- Promote Irish trade with the wider region.
More information can be found on the Georgia-Ireland Business Council website: www.gibc.ie